Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Journal.

Okay, so I really don't know why but I feel the urge to make a journal out of this somehow.

Today, I am happy with a glint of sadness. I watched Seven Pounds last night[not spoiling anything I swear] and it made me think of my friend who died, named Russell. He was horribly injured in a car crash a week before the beach-house fire that killed the seven college students from USC and Clemson, also right around the time one of my friends' brother died.

I wanted to take the time to say...

Dear God,
Why...? Why did you take the lives of these... these children. Children with lives ahead of them, with futures and families. Why did you take them away from their parents, siblings, friends and other loved ones? Why did we have to take such heartbreak and pain into our hearts and onto our shoulders?
I know there is a reason for everything, but I can't possibly imagine a reason for this. For some this was nothing, someone they didn't know, someone they never would. For others this was someone they loved, maybe even the only person or persons they believed they had. Every one of these souls had a reason, a place amongst this place of which we abide. So, why?
Now that I've asked why, I have but one more request. Please let them know we love them. Let them know the things they had yet to learn here on earth. Let them be happy and free, wherever they are. Please watch over them and watch over their families. Please bring cheer back into the lives of those remaining and help them to stand strong.
Sincerely,
Questioning...

I wish I could see his face,
touch his skin with such a grace.
Hold him close
just to feel the warmth
of being with the one I love
instead of me being here
and him up above.
Dear God,
make me a bird
so that maybe I could fly
fly high in the sky
through the clouds
against the wind
so that I may see his shimmering existence.
I know he can't hear but I love him so
rest in peace, my dear Russell.

If you are reading this, say a prayer for those families and loved ones that are missing someone they hold dear, someone that is no longer near.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment