Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A poem entitled simply put, You

as i gaze into the very eyes
impossible thoughts penetrate my wall
my wall built to keep it out
keep me out... keep you out
bleeding on the inside
wound-less on the surface
torn to shreds with no evidence
no scars, marks or reasons to believe
no urge to continue
and yet i must
for a dying cause or is it lost
to you, to me..to the outside world looking in
my mind still wanting
i try to shut it out
but you always seep back through
all the way to the core
ow.. it makes me sore.
the bitterness, the pain
your face... your presence
i love those lips and hair
your inside and out
but forever mine you are not
an emptiness with no hope of content
a bottomless pit of thorns
and yet a hint of sunshine
dull but true
yes.. its you.
even though you are gone
you're here, with me.
the feeling i crave
the need to behave
before insanity becomes my reality
never to walk the same direction as once before
those words erased from my mind
my vocabulary..and yet they sit stored
in a filing cabinet
in the back of a black room
no windows
nor doors of any sort
no openings for light
or way to escape
no power to be generated
the pilot is out
never to return
the memories filed away
where forever they shall stay
not to come out
must remain strong and stout
believe in one's self
and thou shall be rewarded
fall and thyself shall be destroyed
put up no fight
or thy fate shall endure
great pain and loss
so.. what's the point?
does anyone know?
i think not but will
imagine anyways.
love: forever a mystery
forever unsolved
with no hope of resolvement
subject lost to everyday thought
lost in a depth of untraveled terrain
the fight for a lost cause
which was given up ages ago
never to be won
indecisive people
the cause of one's frustration
and torment
LOVE... a meaningless word
with never-ending synonyms
never set "in stone"opinion-filled, fact-less word..
which can defined as
infinite possibilities
and yet nothing at all
discouraging chain of events
leads down dead-end road
of one's choice..the choice that is never chosen
and yet inevitable
Love is an everlasting ember of hatred
and yet sought out by everyone among us..
why?
riddle me that?
its my only request.

No comments:

Post a Comment